I just spent an entire morning installing and removing software, and configuring my new Beaglebone Black. Thank heavens I finally found a working wifi adapter - a MediaTek MT7601 (Ralink 7601) Controller!
We all know the drill:
- boot a new computer with a new system
- spend hours configuring it
- then put a backup plan in place and back up all your hard work
It used to be quite a chore to back up a system. However, thanks to Mr. Robert Nelson, Beaglebone guru and kernel master, backing up and cloning your eMMC (configure internal disk) on your Beaglebone system is as easy as:
1. Take a FAT-formatted microsdhc and insert into the original Beaglebone.
2. Run a simple command to start a backup script:
4. Insert the sdhc into the target Beaglebone (or your original if you're doing a restore operation)
5. Power up the Beaglebone.
The Beaglebone will boot off the microsdhc, then shut down when done. It doesn't get any easier than that! Took me about 20 minutes to back up, then clone my backup Beaglebone Black (I have two).