Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Colt Agent - First Issue

The Colt Agent First Issue

I like snubbies. A lot. So I have a few. Here's one I found recently in a LGS where I buy my reman ammo:


Much has been written about these revolvers, so I won't regurgitate published facts. My example traces to 1967 manufacture, so it is in the First Issue generation. Alloy frame, steel barrel, cylinder, etc. Leaf hammer springs.

The bonus is that it came with a set of Tyler T-Grips. What boggles my mind is that these are so good and inexpensive, yet the maker seems to limit availability - you can't order them on-line (links no good), and you have to fill out an order form and wait many weeks for your own!

Anyhow, I really like the Agent's weight (15oz unloaded, only 1 oz more than a S&W 637-1), and extra capacity: 6 vs 5 rounds - a definite advantage in my book. I load my first chamber on my snubbies with a CCI Big 4 shotshell - 81gr, #4 shot - i figure i'll have a better chance of running into a rattlesnake, water moccasin, coral snake or nasty dog vs a bad guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment